Climbing the ladder of His will: Meditate

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Meditate

To engage in contemplation or reflection/ to focus one's thoughts on/ reflect or ponder over/ to plan or project in the mind. These are definitions from Webster's Dictionary for meditate. So when the Bible says to meditate on the Word, do you kind of see what that means? It's kind of like when you play a really good game and then the rest of the day you are thinking about that and how good it was etc.. I usually find myself meditating on my highest priorities. That's a good way to see what exactly are your highest priorities.

6 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Emily said...

that's so true!! Whatever you meditate on for most of the day is usually, like you said, your highest priority. Christians should meditate on the Scriptures throughout the day, but oh-too-often, distractions arise and we tend to dwell on other, perhaps sinful, things. It is important to be reminded all the time that Christ is our hightest priority, and everything we do should be aimed for His glory!

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very true.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Allegra said...

Amen! However, I find that most of the time I have to force myself to meditate on God's Word. (Although I WANT it to be highest priority, I don't make it...if that makes sense.) However, memorizing Bible verses helps you meditate on them. That way, when they pop into your mind, you can think on them over and over. Kind of like savoring candy, I guess. :)

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Keith M. said...

Yeah, also singing Christian songs REALLY gets the things of God to stick in your head, I mean think on it, what sticks in your head more often a well thought quote or a song? I mean that's like a no brainer!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Allegra said...

Exactly! I guess that may be another reason why music is so important to God, to Satan and to us humans...

It's a good idea to put something to music if you want to try to memorize it quicker. :)

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Emily said...

YES! i constantly have a song in my head...usually a Christian song. it really helps me focus on God throughout the day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home