Climbing the ladder of His will: Staying Focused

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Staying Focused

Recently some things have been getting in the way of my doing my best in my school, talent, and spiritual life. When this type of thing happens I try to do my best to lay off doing so much of this destraction so that my focus can swivel to be aimed at things that are important. In my situation the distraction was the computer, (not blogging btw) every free moment I got I dashed to the computer. I wasn't even spending time outside. Loads of time on one thing isn't for anybody, it could become an idol. Stay focused.

5 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey keith, i'm a friend of your bro Chris, and a VERY good friend of Emily. anyways, i know what you mean. i spend to much time reading when i should be doing school. ah the things we must over come, thank God He is there to help us. :D

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Keith M. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Keith M. said...

Ok...so I don't quite have a problem with reading too much.=D I'm glad we're all different! I don't think it would be all that terribly possible for me to get addicted to reading, well I did just read the Oath in 5 days, pretty much a record for me. =D

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Emily said...

haha yeah, me neither...I'm trying to read a book right now, and I started it like a week ago, but I've only read about 24 pages. lol

I love doing the computer, and I probably would stay on a lot longer than I do, if I wasn't timed...I only get 45 min.

I don't really have the problem of doing too much of one thing, but it is really easy to get caught up doing several things that aren't very important compared to reading the Bible and praying. If you pay more attention to those things than you do to God, then, like you said, it would be an idol. definitely something worth thinking about.

HI BETH!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Austin said...

Keith,

Hey, the same thing happened to me. But now I've got a schedule. Right now I'm on the computer from 12:55-1:10pm, and this is the only time I'm going to allow myself online all day. (okay, I do Spanish on the computer in the morning, but I don't count that because I'm not wasting time online, I'm doing school) I know exactly what you mean about getting addicted to the computer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home