Climbing the ladder of His will: Assurance

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Assurance

Do you ever feel your beliefs and faith is a bunch of lies? Or you doubt your salvation? Satan puts those thoughts through every believers mind. Listen to these encouraging thoughts from Richard Sibbes:
The evidences whereby we may come to know that Christ's judgement in us is such as will be victorius are:
Having reasons of religion the strongest reasons with us, prevailing more than reasons fetched from worldly policy.
Being able to 'do nothing against the truth, but for the truth' (2 Cor. 13.8), the truth being dearer to us than our lives. Truth does not have this sovereignty in the heart of any carnal man.

5 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Emily said...

that is a REALLY good quote, Keith! Yes, sometimes it is easy to doubt your salvation. But those thoughts always do eventually go away because you realize that you really do love God. And I had never thought about that second reason before, but it's so true! thanks...

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen! that is something that is sometimes hard to remember when you are going through something. but it is sooooo true!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Allegra said...

Hmm...that's pretty cool!

To be perfectly honest, although I doubt my faith occasionally, it is usually not a problem. I'll bet that it will become one once I go to college or hit "educated" nonbelievers, but any doubt of faith is simply a stray thought.

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Keith...great quote.
As Christians, reasons of religion SHOULD be the strongest within us, and truth SHOULD be dearer to us than our lives.....but I believe that depends on our personal walk with God.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Keith M. said...

Thanks for all your comments, I haven't been able to get on with work and all. I am working with CEF, and my day is full. I try to post once a week. I find this book really encouraging and extremely concentrated, I can read a paragraph and learn so much! I highly recommend it, "A Bruised Reed" -Richard Sibbes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home