Climbing the ladder of His will: Fruits

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fruits

I've seen fellow Christians who have a habit that I think is wrong. Sometimes it makes me think, "Well they certainly aren't bearing fruit!"

Matthew 3:8
"Produce fruit in keeping with repentance."

One of my best friends is still struggling with a bad habit, recently he told me that he had no intention of quitting...I really was disappointed, but then less then a week ago, he told me he is fed up with this particular habit and wants to break it so bad. Repentance is the key, it isn't good deeds. It is better to be a struggling Christian then a Pharisee, the Pharisees, were "good" as the world might say, but they didn't repent, they were alway "right", those aren't fruits of the spirit. God doesn't want a good person, he wants someone who he can refine, melt down and remodel...not someone who is already modelled in the image that they think it perfect.

1 Comments:

At 5:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i agreeeee. but, me being the judgemental overly pessimistic jerk that i can be, usually don't realize that my friends really are trying and wanting to repent. so i have the same reaction as you, keith, 'THEY AREN'T BEARING FRUIT! HEATHENS! AAH!' i really need to learn to listen twice as much as i talk, that's why God gave us two ears and only one mouth, right? =P
:]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home