Climbing the ladder of His will: Prayer

Monday, November 05, 2007

Prayer

In Sunday School this week we learned about prayer. The teacher tought from Psalm 42 and 43. In these chapters David just pours his heart out to God and longs to be with God. In short, he seeks God with all his heart. We may look at David and say that he wasn't a godly man because of his sin with Bathsheeba. But that is incorrect. In the Psalms he clearly displays his willingness to serve God and his helplessness without God. We need to do the same, if we truly do seek the Lord, namely in prayer, he rewards that. Many times when we I'm not on fire for God I say, "It's not my fault, I can't make myelf desire God." That is a lousy excuse, it should be, "It is my fault I'm not willing."

3 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger Emily said...

that's really good! i have really been realizing lately the importance of prayer. I usually pray at night, after reading my Bible, but sometimes I fall asleep! I have been convicted of this, and I realized that when we approach the throne of grace in prayer, we need to have all our attention focused on Him in reverence, and truly pour out our thoughts to him whole-heartedly, not sleepily. :)

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Kingdom Advancer said...

Hey, Keith. I know we've been conversing by e-mail and I sent you last Kingdom Courier, but I thought I'd do the usual thing, and comment here, too, just so your readers might run across this.

I've opened "We Want a Christian President," and I want as many people to get involved as possible.

URL:

http://christianpresident.blogspot.com

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Keith M. said...

Thanks man. I didn't think to put a post about it. But I will now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home