Climbing the ladder of His will: Thoughts to think about #16

Monday, December 04, 2006

Thoughts to think about #16

Isaiah 42:1-3 'Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.'

"After conversion we need bruising so that reeds may know themselves to be reeds, and not oaks."

-Richard Sibbes (The Bruised Reed)

9 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, we need to be willing vessels of the Lord, go where He wants us to go, and endure anything suffering that might be profitable for us.

Blessings and joy,

Shirley Buxton
www.writenow.wordpress.com

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Austin said...

That's actually a messianic prophecy (meaning it's about Jesus), but I suppose it could be applied to a believer.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Austin said...

What is that thing that appears by my arrow when I'm on your blog? Is that a crown of thorns?

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Keith M. said...

Yup, my bro and I figured out how to change the cursor when you come to our blogs.
The book I am reading on the bruised reed is saying that we need to be humbled by God, but he will not destroy us in our guilt if we turn to Him.
I guess that could very well have been referring to Jesus, like you said. But I still believe it applies to we as believers.

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Keith M. said...

Ok, now I know what you mean, Austin. The Servant referred to is Jesus. We are the reed. That is what I have been meaning to say, I must have been unclear.

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Keith M. said...

Ok, now I know what you mean, Austin. The Servant referred to is Jesus. We are the reed. That is what I have been meaning to say, I must have been unclear.

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bruised reed thing is amazing.
Thanks Keith!
God bless
Maria in the UK
www.inhishands.co.uk

 
At 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! Thanks for this.

godsdaughters19.wordpress.com

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Austin said...

Oh, I thought you meant that the servant was a believer, when actually the servant is Jesus. Nevermind, carry on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home