Climbing the ladder of His will: Thoughts to think about #15

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thoughts to think about #15

Today in my history I was reading about the early Spainish and Portuguese explorers to the "New World". I was sobered when I read that they were sent to witness to the natives and instead they would offer them salvation in Spanish (which the natives obviously couldn't understand) and state that if they didn't accept it they would kill them. Then they would storm the natives kill them and take all of their gold and treasure! Sometime later a man by the name of Las Casas went to witness to these natives, sadly they were cold to him because of their previous encounters with the "Christian" explorers.
What kind of a example are we being for those around us?

4 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Austin said...

My history book says that too, but it also says that some of those stories have been exaggerated, or just plain made up.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Keith M. said...

True, true, that could be too.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Keith M. said...

true that is.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Austin said...

RedCloud has a song about this subject called "Koyote Gospel". RedCloud is a Native American/Mexican Christian rapper/martial artist.

Here are some of the words:

"You tell us that you come to spread the Gospel of God
Is the rapin' of our women in the Gospel of God?
Is the hunger of our children in the Gospel of God?"

"You tell us to bow at your virgin statue
Cursin' every person for ancient value
'Bow to that woman or we will grab you
Bow to that woman or we will stab you, choke ya, slap ya, beat you, drag you
I'm in pain, could you help me? Could ya, can you?
Mercy on my soul, virgin Mary, I'm alarmed
My God has not come, and I am disarmed
I believe the one thing that can do no harm
Is that baby in that virgin's arms..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home