Climbing the ladder of His will: Thoughts to think about #13

Monday, November 13, 2006

Thoughts to think about #13

Why were hymns written?
Because of the beautiful meldoy and harmony mix. Don't you agree?
I hope you don't. Hymns were written as a message to Christians, words from past Christians put into the best possible way. Poetry is better than just plain words, isn't it? Poetry put to music is even better. That is what Hymns are, God's word and thoughts from others of those long ago and now. I challenge you to think about the words in these hymns, not just sing. It is a real blessing.

5 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Austin said...

I'm very picky about hymns. The ones I like, I like a lot, but the others don't strike me much at all. Some of my favorites are Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing, In Christ Alone, How Great Thou Art, and a few others. They all have good words as well as music. Praise is good.

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a really good point. The history of some hymns is really interesting, and it places a whole new angle on the song when you sing it!

~Nella

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger Keith M. said...

Thanks for the comments. I heard once on the radio, that when we are just singing without really praising God, we are using His name in vain! and we aren't truly praising Him.

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often find myself singing songs in the street and the lyrics make me reflect on God

God bless
Maria in the UK
www.inhishands.co.uk

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Elyse said...

I was reading something, I forget what and then I happened a... WAIT. I remember what I was reading. I was doing the assesment test. OK, moving on.

Anyway, I was in the grammar part of the test and all the other questions were becoming like, "Blah, blah, blah..." You know, just the same thing. Then there was a question that had poetry in it and it made me happy.

I love hymns, I wish my church sang more. Did you notice my hymn near the end of my page on the side bar? I love that hymn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home