Climbing the ladder of His will: Idolatry

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Idolatry

Many people don't struggle with idolatry. Well that is they don't think they do. But I believe that everyone does in one form or another. This sin isn't necasarrily just creating a graven for yourself and worshipping it, it is putting anything before God, material or not. I find myself so wanting to do certain things, that I 'cut short' my devotions. This is idolatry, and what I am saying seems harsh. Well let me let you know, it is. Idolatry is one of the most damaging (and common) sins. Not only does it hinder our relationship with Jesus but it attempts to stamp it out. So let me ask you, friend, are you going to sit there while idolatry rips you apart or are you going to do something about it? Survey your life, see what could potentionally be a god to you and deal with it, today.

5 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Moriah said...

Excellent post, Keith. I agree with you. Idolatry is a very common and serious issue. It's one that needs to be address daily in everyone's life, or it will end up causing havic in our walk with the Lord.
Hey I gotta question...Can I put your blog on my blog roll?

 
At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree.

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Keith M. said...

You mean put my blog on your links? Yeah, sure that's fine with me, the more people that come to my blog the better. =D

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Keith M. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Moriah said...

Yeah, that's what I mean.
Alrighty thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home