Climbing the ladder of His will: Thoughts to think about #4

Monday, October 09, 2006

Thoughts to think about #4

Obedience is a struggle for all Christians both to God and earthly authorities. It is very difficult to obey the Bible and what The LORD says in it. In Romans 8:6 it says,"The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace." If we submit to God our mind and the spirit controls it obedience will be easier and we will be more willing. Obey the LORD because of your love for him.

4 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Kaitlin said...

Amen and amen!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Elyse said...

I love how God doesn't give up on us. When He is convicting me of something He doesn't give up, He keeps bugging me about my issue until I surrender.

It's a good reminder to do things because we love God and not out of fear (like Oh my word, if I don't do this than my Mom will die!!!) or out of tradition (oh I guess I'll do it, just because it's a habit) but because we love Him. And He LOVES us.

Thanks for the post.

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Keith M. said...

Hey Thanks for visiting my blog! And thanks for the encouragement. I agree Elyse, I have found that when you try to obey without love it often fails. :)

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Keith M. said...

He is one friend who never will give up!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home