Climbing the ladder of His will: Power of Prayer

Monday, September 25, 2006

Power of Prayer

It was early Sunday morning, I had to play piano that day. I got up early (at least for a Sunday morning) about 7:30. We had some friends sleeping over, perfect. No doubt this will be the worst day I’ll play the piano, I just know I’ll make some nasty mistakes. I reflected back on my fourth time playing in church, I had made some errors because I was too confident that I had practiced enough. Oh well I think today will go wel,l I have been practicing for quite a while on these couple songs. As I walked to our church to practice early, I worried a bit. On the very last song I found that I hadn’t had it down as well as I should. O great, I thought. I walked back to the house after about 20 minutes of practice. There was no way that I was ready to play that last number. Near the end of the sermon I prayed, God, I know that I can’t do this on my own. You’ll have to help me, even if I won’t get the credit for my skill, I want you to help me. During the closing prayer, doubt started to overcome me. Suddenly I heard my pastor/father say during his prayer, "All we need is faith the side of a mustard seed." The doubt was swept away, and I felt ready. I played well, almost perfect, I new that God had helped me through. Sometimes He does that, He shows us how weak and helpless we truly are. The more we realize how useless we are without Christ the closer we grow to him. Pray that the Lord will show you how sinful people, even Christians are. The more rotten you feel about your sin the better your relationship with Christ will become. Pray in all things, don’t try to hinder God from to controlling your life, He has given it to you. What do you have that he hasn’t given you? Even talent, gifts in certain areas of life aren’t so people praise you! It is to bring glory to God. Let God humble you by showing you that in and of yourself you are worthless, but with Christ you are everything.

5 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Austin said...

You're really on to something here. I thought about listing a relavent scripture here, but there are many on this topic, so I wouldn't know which to chose.

Paul explained why most people still have to die (even though Christ's death overcame the Fall) by comparing death to a seed. A seed must fall off of its plant and be buried before it can grow into the real crop. Actually, Jesus originally made the analogy, but Paul also used it.

Just as a seed must die and enter the ground to become a crop, so also you must "lose your life to find it."

Something worth noting: A plant is much bigger, nicer, prettier, etc. than a seed, so I wonder what Christ will make of our lives when we surrender them to him! By allowing our seeds (our talents, desires, and yes, even our bodies) to die, we allow him to make us into a crop!

So here's to taking up our crosses and letting God make us into new people by redeeming every espect of our lives, including our piano-playing abilities (not that I have any - I play guitar and bass, not piano).

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Keith M. said...

Thanks guys, Austin, I think you might find it interesting that the passage my dad was preaching on was the one that you mentioned about the seed falling to the ground and then growing into a plant! I thought about what you said, it may be hard for us to 'fall to the ground and die' for Christ, but once we do, He will make our lives better than we ever could!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Elyse said...

Hi Keith! Thanks for the link to my site, how did you find me?

God really does hear us when we call Him, I definately struggle with worry. But God has been showing me (through some pretty big circumstances) that I can do nothing against His will and His will is the best for me.

Again, thanks for the link. :)

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Keith M. said...

Thanks! About how I found your blog, it's a bit of a story, I got onto teens on their knees, found a blog, went to comment found your comment and went to your blog.

 
At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, found your site through Celeste's. Thought I'd comment since you're a guy who likes Steven C. Chapman's music as well.

You have an impressive site, and thought provoking post. Keep the good stuff up.

~Caleb ><>, OH

Go Bucks. lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home